The kids sure have had a lot of Christmas fun over the last couple of weeks. We've gone to three Christmas parties, all including a visit from Santa, and we've done a few fun things as a family as well.
One thing the kids enjoyed was making picture cards for my sister who is on a mission in Taiwan. Everett had a great time drawing things on his, and I was impressed with how his drawings are beginning to be more recognizable:
He has also been very excited about Santa Claus. He thinks it's great that someone is going to come leave him presents and candy on a certain day. When it comes to actually visiting with him, though, Everett is a little reluctant. Out of our three parties, Everett decided only once that he wanted to sit on Santa's lap. This was perfectly fine with me, so I didn't push it.
We got a very brief smile.
Everett was a boy on a mission: the only reason he actually sat on Santa's lap was because of the treat bags he saw the other kids get. Poor Santa tried to ask him some questions, but all Everett did was avoid eye contact and point at the treat box. Santa finally gave him his bag and Everett hopped down without hesitation and without a good-bye. He had fulfilled his purpose, and I enjoyed watching the entire scenario.
Ashley only sat on Santa's lap once, too. I didn't really see the point in having her sit with him since he is just a large, hairy stranger to her, but I decided to sate my curiosity and see how she would react. She looked a little shy at first--for about two seconds. Then she was beaming and showing off for the camera, and having an all-around good time. I don't know how Ashley is so comfortable with everyone all the time and it is more of a struggle for Everett, but it is fun to see my children's personalities develop.
Ashley decided she liked holiday parties--at least, she liked the buffet tables of food. She spent most of her time trying to wander around, hoping to get samples of anything she could. Fortunately she is extremely obedient and easy to reign in.

1 comments:
Sounds busy and fun! Your kids are so cute. I love that you got a picture of Everett pointing to the treat box. I am with you, I don't make my kids sit on santa's lap if they don't want to. I have never had a child as comfortable with Santa as Ashley. We are so excited to see you guys!
Post a Comment