We had a wonderful, relaxing Christmas this year. We were pleased to spend Christmas Eve with the Johnsons and the Burtons. The kids were in heaven, as they were the only two grandchildren present and had two sets of grandparents, one set of great-grandparents, and five aunts and uncles to dote on them. They are in for a shock when we finally go home and only have their mother to give them attention.
We have a tradition every year of getting new pajamas Christmas Eve. This is the only present we open before Christmas, and it is always one to look forward to.






Everett and Ashley are sitting with Joel's youngest two siblings while they open their pajamas. Everett was too young last year to remember what the present is, so it was a complete surprise to him.
They were thrilled! It has been a while since Everett wore footed pajamas, and I think he really likes them.
Everett left out a plate of homemade, hand-dipped chocolates for Santa Claus. When he got up in the morning he discovered that Santa left him a card thanking him for the treat. This was almost as exciting to Everett as actually seeing what was in his stocking.
Joel's family had the tradition of getting soda pop in their stockings each year, and we decided to continue this tradition with our kids. There are few things Everett loves more than soda pop, and I think he would have been satisfied just to get that solitary bottle for Christmas.
But, he didn't. He also got a black and decker tool set. It wasn't fancy but it is easy to pack up and take home--a must, since we're flying. I am glad we have children who are young enough to not care about getting expensive presents, and we took full advantage of that this year.
Ashley had fun opening her stocking, too. She didn't care about the juice I gave her in place of soda pop, but she was thrilled about the dum-dum suckers.
(Ashley had fun opening her stocking with Grandpa)
Here she is with her Santa gift: a baby doll, stroller, and blanket. The doll is all plush and machine washable, and has a pacifier that magnetizes to her face. Ashley wasn't too thrilled about the doll (fine by me; I got it for her to grow into), but she was in love with the stroller.
She has been pushing it around ever since. Even Everett has taken some turns, usually loading up the seat with trucks before roaming around.
Both of the kids have been having a blast. They loved being with the Johnsons for a few days before Christmas, and they are loving being here with the Burtons. I found Ashley like this the other day. She is playing with her Uncle Nick's toys and enjoying a sucker.
This picture clearly displays the reason Grandma's house is so fun. They never get to do this at home!
1 comments:
Oh what fun. It looks like a wonderful Christmas filled with love, laughter and family. I totally love that you did not spend a lot of money on gifts. I think people go way, way. way overboard on holiday presents. They only need one or two great gifts and they are happy. Too many gifts lead to overload for the little ones.
I hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation out West. Happy Holidays.
Post a Comment