William is a cute baby, a sweet baby, a nice baby, and I love him dearly, but he is not necessarily an easy baby. Right now he is the easiest he will ever be, I think, because he still sleeps for hours and hours.
However, he is a bit finicky. I spend many nights walking with him or attempting various gas-relief remedies and holds to make him more comfortable so he can settle down. Eventually he always does, whether what I did works or he gives up out of pure exhaustion.
Even though things aren't always easy, especially at night, I am finding myself enjoying this time completely and unequivocally. There is something deep within me that tells me I need to enjoy every last second of this baby, to soak it up, to remember it, to not waste a bit of it--I haven't ever felt this languishing sort of feeling before. I can already feel the time slipping away from me; William is growing so fast. So, I comfort myself by feeling his hair with my face, smelling his sweet, milky breath, and letting him sleepily snuggle right into me as often as I can. Thankfully this is pretty often. It makes me sad to think this time is almost up.
Today while Ashley was napping and Everett was at preschool, I sat in my room enjoying William. I had the camera nearby and took way too many pictures. This is one of those posts that serves as evidence that I plan to order books of what I've recorded on this blog. These pictures will be fun to look at when William gets older. Feel free to skip them.
Here we have the sweet, bambi-eyed look.
. . .Which can turn into this. . .
. . .in less than a second.
But eventually he'll calm down and start looking around again:
Out the window
Oooh. Feeling a little rumbly. . .
*urrrp*
That's much better.
I can't really feel irritated with the little guy when he gets all gassy and upset, as he tends to do.
(Still figuring out if it's something I'm eating. No consistencies so far. Any tips?)
(Still figuring out if it's something I'm eating. No consistencies so far. Any tips?)
How could I, when he gives me pitiful looks like this?
If this face doesn't move you, your heart is completely worthless.
There you have it--the many faces of William Warren Johnson. If you've made it to the end, I'm impressed and you deserve a treat. Too bad I'm not nice enough to give you one.
7 comments:
I heard of this thing called a nap nanny that is a miracle worker for gassy babies.
have you gone off chocolate? That was a big one for all four of my babies.
So cute! I can't believe Daniel was just there a few months ago and now he's doubled his weight. William is so precious, I can barely stand it! :]
We had to use mylicon drops for most of our kids. It helped.
Gripe Water from Wellements. Seriously saved me and Everett (helped with Merritt, too).
He is a gem! Good luck finding what works for him.
I had to stop eating chocolate too. That made a huge difference for both of my girls. He is so cute!
He is so cute! What a sweet baby, and I agree with you... we have to soak in every moment, well, almost every moment. :) I love the way you write. You would be a great author of a book.
I can't eat strawberries or chocolate while I'm nursing. I'm not a big fan of chocolate, but strawberries are kind of hard.
Post a Comment