We enjoyed our first day of the church's General Conference. We only lost track of a few talks due to sleep--laying with a warm, sleeping baby doesn't do much to combat sleep-deprivation-induced fatigue.
Ashley had a good nap during the first session (it starts at noon here), and Everett contented himself with painting rocks. We enjoyed the speakers and felt uplifted.
The second session is a little trickier, as both kids are bouncing with energy and no naps are in sight. This year I got out our play tent and we filled it with stuffed animals, blankets, pillows, and books. It was popular for less time than I was hoping, but the kids still enjoyed it while Joel and I got to listen to the speakers.





(Ashley is glaring because she wants to hold the camera.)
I also went to the library this morning and checked out a couple of videos I thought the kids would like to watch. Since Joel and I watch the speakers on the internet, it means the TV is available to the kids, and I wanted to take advantage of that. Fortunately the kids enjoyed the movie.
Ashley only watches for one or two minutes at a time.
Everett asked for Bob the Builder, which I got for him, but here he is watching an animated Stuart Little movie.
Unfortunately it rained earlier in the day today, but we were happy to see that it was nice and sunny after the second session of conference ended. I was eager to shovel the kids outside and it was nice to see them play.
They have gotten so used to each other since we were cooped up so often during the winter that they play together without thinking about it.
It makes me glad to see them enjoy playing together. Ashley is still young enough that she will mostly do what Everett says. Once she gets older and speaks for herself more, I'm sure I will hear a lot of bickering.
Tonight, while Joel is gone to the priesthood session of conference, I wanted to get a sewing project for the kids done. William was a little fussy--I assumed it was due to gas, as usual--which meant I wouldn't be able to finish the dress-up capes for their easter baskets tomorrow. I decided to lay him on the table with my sewing machine running, and it put him right to sleep. I finished the capes in no time at all and was thrilled that I also had a contented baby.
This child loves sleeping on his stomach. He wakes up and fusses within a few minutes whenever we try to get him to sleep on his back (we keep at it, though). This position helps his gas make a swift exit, which is a blessing for us all, and which means I use it often even if he is just laying this way across my lap.
Tomorrow we get to enjoy another day of general conference. I have another movie for the kids and hopefully they will be having fun with the things from their easter basket so Joel and I can enjoy the majority of the talks without too much distraction.
1 comments:
Oo good idea about the sewing machine! What a cute little baby. Good for you though, I always gave in on the tummy sleeping thing. Both babies, both times.
Post a Comment