I had a phone conference with Everett's preschool teacher today, and I hung up the phone feeling pretty upbeat. She had many good things to say about Everett, some of which were:
He is always happy and willing to do what he is asked.
He gets along well with everyone.
He always has lots of fun.
But the best thing she told me was Everett's score on the same articulation test he took before he entered the program. His initial score indicated that he could say very few sounds and was performing far below age level (this was at his third birthday). His score, as of this week, indicates that he has not only improved enormously, but that he is at age level as far as the sounds he is able to produce. His ability to produce the correct sounds decreases the faster he talks, but Everett's teacher doesn't think this is a problem. In fact, she is certain that he will be 100% on track by kindergarten, no matter how fast he is talking.
What a relief! Kindergarten was my goal. When I think that a year ago he couldn't even say more than one syllable in succession, I am amazed at the amount of improvement he has made. We've worked hard to get to this point. We still have more work to do, but it feels good to know that Everett has increased his abilities. I know without a doubt Heavenly Father has blessed all of us.
I'm going to look forward to hearing more and more thoughts from his interesting little mind.
4 comments:
Yeah, Everett!! That's so exciting! We knew you could do it!
That is such great news Elise! Hooray! Good job (everyone)!
You guys ROCK! Great to hear about the success.
That's great! Way to go Everett!!!
Post a Comment