Saturday, May 15, 2010

WAHOO!

CONGRATULATIONS, JOEL

. . .for earning your MBA with honors!!!!

We're so proud of you, especially Everett, who thought you looked very "pretty" in your "dress."

(I just thought you looked like you earned it.)



Now. Here are some poor-quality photos for those of you who weren't there and wish you were, or for those of you who can't imagine what it is like to see someone walk across a large room, scale some steps, and have something handed to him. (If this is the case, these pictures will be revolutionary to you, I'm sure.)


Waiting to go up.



Waiting some more. . .



You're almost there. . .



[[[[[Picture of Joel receiving diploma not taken due to hesitant shutter and/or inept photographer]]]]]




Walk of Victory?




Our good friend, whose beautiful wife just had an adorable little girl a few weeks ago.
The babies were both great during Commencement.


As soon as pictures were over, Joel ripped off his hat and dropped his gown back off at the bookstore.
[insert jab about Joel's lack of sentimentality here.]

Side note: When Joel graduated from BYU, I was holding baby Everett for the pictures. I didn't want to bring the kids to commencement this time, or I would have probably pulled out all of my hair, so in this picture it looks like we're starting over all over again.



I didn't cry, but I was proud as ever.

Can you tell?

Really, I just wanted to make Joel blush. Yes, it worked. My husband has two degrees to my none, but sometimes I can still get the best of him.


We love you, Joel. Now on to bigger and better things!

4 comments:

Emily S. said...

Congrats, Joel! Elise - what are you talking about no degrees for you.... I'd say you have your PhD in Motherhood by now! :-)

Dallin and Janelle Lewis said...

Yay! But doesn't he want to get a PhD in something, I mean, while you're all here and everything? I think you guys should stay around South Bend for at least a few more years.

Rebekah said...

Way proud of you Joel. Good job!

Unknown said...

Congrats to the both of you! Can't wait to see where you land!