I have always admired the moms who have enough energy and desire to make holidays fun. Traditions are a great part of being a child and so this year I decided to be like those fun moms and start our very own valentine dinner tradition.
The dollar store offered some cute balloons, so I decided it would be fun to start tradition number one: a balloon tied to the back of each child's chair. Easy peasy, and it is actually a big wow moment for the kids.
Next tradition: a simple gift from me to my valentines. Everett got a batman figurine.
Ashley got a princess fairy dress-up set. The clearance section at Walmart was very good to me yesterday.
The kids loved their balloons and slept with them tied to their headboards.
William got a balloon too, and was especially fascinated with it after I tied it around his little wrist.
(Yes, I'm in the process of repainting my house. Why do you ask?)
Tradition number three: a heart-shaped pizza, heart-shaped bread sticks, and raspberry jello topped with whipped cream and a chocolate heart (thanks to my friend Camille for the idea). The only thing I would have added is freshly-sliced pineapple hearts.
Oh, also, tradition number four: eating by candlelight.
I think this should also be a tradition. . .
Kisses from my baby!
What a sweetie. William and I played around while the kids watched a movie with Joel. Then Joel cleaned up the kitchen while I relaxed in bed with a good book. What a valentine!
2 comments:
Oh my goodness! So cute and thoughtful! That's simply inspirational.
You have so many cute ideas Elise! What fun traditions! I got my kids gifts, but only the day after Valentine's Day when they were on super clearance... not quite as fun as your day! Maybe next year I'll be more prepared! Cute cute ideas! Lucky family you have!
Post a Comment