We, like many of you, have been having great weather. It was over 50 degrees today so there was no way I was staying indoors all day. Are you kidding? We've been cooped up for what seems like forever!
We decided to go for a walk down by the river and visit the river front playground. It was really fun.
The kids enjoyed the slushy snow in weather that didn't turn their noses to ice.
The kids also enjoy counting ducks. The males and females are already paired up. We also saw geese, seagulls, and. . .
A bald eagle! Did you know we have bald eagles here? We went over the bridge a couple of weeks ago to see some by the lock and dam, but I haven't seen one closer to town before. It swooped down for fish and the kids had a great time watching it.
William was content to suck his thumb in the stroller. It has been long enough since our last trip to the playground that swinging felt new to him. He laughed and laughed and laughed with each forward swing, and growled back at me when I roared and attacked his knees.
Since tomorrow it is supposed to be a whopping 62 degrees, maybe we'll come back. What a fun break before our next (inevitable) cold spell.
1 comments:
Oh how fun to get outside again! And how cool to see a bald eagle! Great picture. I love Ashley's princess skirt!
Post a Comment