Monday, February 14, 2011

Here, Have a Valentine

We actually made Valentine's cookies over a week ago. Everett requested them one day, and since it was a nasty day outside, I decided I would rather have a controlled mess in the kitchen than bickering and chaos through the entire house. It was pretty fun!


First, you have the doughy floury mess. The kids love rolling out their own cookies and every two seconds they can't resist asking, "I'm just gonna have this one liiiiiiittle piece, okay Mommy?"



Everett very painstakingly decorated quite a collection. I kept asking him if he wanted to eat one, but he kept refusing. I think he didn't want to mess anything up.



Ashley loved the frosting. I'm sure you can't tell.




The only way to eat a frosted sugar cookie if you're 2 1/2: bury your face in it.




Everett thought Ashley's frosting beard was pretty silly. He made sure to point out that he didn't make a big mess.




And he was very proud of how his cookies looked. It's a good thing, too, because the sugar cookie recipe I used was awful!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Elise-this just showcases what I love about your parenting style . . . you are fearless in the face of fun!! . . . red food coloring, no worries, mess with flour and dough, no worries . . . and you take the time to get the pictures. (I do miss your cookies!) Looks like I should hire Everett to decorate my cookies; his look neater than mine!

Stephanie said...

I am so impressed that there is no frosting on the clothes. At my house there would be frosting everywhere.

Those are some cute kiddos you've got.