Monday, February 28, 2011

Score!

Sometimes it's hard to know what kind of presents my kids will really use. I always try to remember what a pediatrician my mom liked always said: The best toys are 90% kid and 10% toy. Usually I try for only one big toy at Christmas, because they get enough toys from other people. I don't feel offended if the kids don't like it, but I try my best to find something they will use.

This Christmas, we got the perfect gift for Ashley. To be honest, we should have just gotten extra and given them to Everett too, because his present didn't end up being as well-liked. And no one has used William's little five dollar bowling set. I guess that means we were 1/3 successful this year!



These horses are from the fisher price doll house set. Ebay is a wonderful thing--I was lucky enough to find a good deal.



It probably would have even been worth it to pay full price. Ashley sleeps with these horses (sometimes all twenty, sometimes just a few). She names them after us. She carries them everywhere. They are practically a part of our family.


Sometimes Everett asks Ashley if he can sleep with one of her horses. She usually picks out one she thinks he will love and happily hands it over.


Everett especially likes the people. Right here the boy is beating up his father. I know what Freud would say, but you can interpret that however you want.

0 comments: