Because my windows are always dirty (see previous post), the kids clean them often. They think this chore is very exciting, which definitely makes things easier for me. All I have to do is turn on some fun music and give the window a quick spray, and they will attack (and dance). Turning them into their favorite characters is a special bonus.
"Out, you dastardly spots!" Batman yells. Although she does help, most of the time Princess Ashley prefers to just watch.
I don't care if they leave the windows a little streaky. We're aiming for effort and habits here, not perfection!
We have a lot of glass in our house. These are the sliding doors off of our dining room, and you can imagine that they probably get the messiest.
Surprisingly, the kids bathroom mirror is also usually very dirty. They know they aren't allowed to climb up on the counter top (except when cleaning) so when they do sneak up there they tend to do other things they aren't supposed to as well (ie, writing on the mirror with toothpaste).
One last window. Everett is very thorough.
He also feels very proud when he has cleaned all the windows (more windows than you saw pictured here). I was happy that he was so proud on this day. Then when I was tucking Everett in bed that night, he said, "Mommy, are we going to do some more chores tomorrow?"
I told him yes, but I tried to make it sound fun. "Yeah! Are you going to get rid of those dastardly spots, Batman? That was so much fun!"
Everett didn't buy it. "I don't want to do chores tomorrow. They're boring."
Well, I guess my approach wasn't as fool-proof as I thought. It was nice to have my house clean, though.
1 comments:
Wow! Not only is it a great strategy for kids, but maybe I would be a better cleaner if I pretended I was Bionic Woman or Wonder Woman (I need to brush up on my female superheros.).
Post a Comment