This year we hosted an Easter Egg hunt the day before Easter Sunday. It was really fun!
All the kids ate on our low-maintenance floor. They had a good time and didn't make a mess. After this they all went down to the basement and played with our toys until I called them up for the hunt.
The adults got to actually sit on chairs (or by the fireplace). Thanks to everyone, we had a whole bunch of delicious food.
Then, the egg hunt! The kids who wanted to participate were a variety of ages, so we sent them out in three waves. First it was the two-and-under crowd.
Ashley had a great time finding eggs. These kids were slow and careful during their search.
After two minutes, we sent out the three-to-four-year-old crowd, who were chomping at the bit and ready to break through our screened-in porch to get at the goodies. Everett was thrilled to find two huge blue eggs in addition to his regular stash.
The final, older group ran out into the yard after Everett and his posse were well underway in their search. Except for one injury to a boy who tried to climb onto our roof, everything went smoothly.
In all, we had almost 200 eggs hidden in our little backyard, so each child ended up with enough to satisfy their sugar cravings.
William did not participate, and no, he was not torn up about it. After all was said and done, he just loved playing with the empty plastic eggs.
I had fun chatting with some of the other moms while we watched the kids.
The kids gathered back inside to count their eggs. They polished off all their candy while the adults sat back down and chatted.
It was a really fun day! We decided not to do Easter Baskets on Sunday because the kids had gotten plenty of candy the day before. We just had a relaxing day and talked about the story of the Resurrection. I tried to find some sort of religious-themed craft for the kids to do but I didn't have much luck.
And, because I spent so much time preparing for the party and I am an awesome mom, I forgot to buy egg dye. The plan was to dye eggs on Sunday together, but we just had to forget that as well. Oh well! I don't think the kids missed it, but I do know they would have had a lot of fun. Hard-boiled eggs are a popular snack at our house.







2 comments:
There is a really cute easter food craft thing. I can get the story and scriptures from my friend if you want. You take a roll and wrap a marshmallow in it and cover it with cinnamon and sugar. Then when you cook it the marshmallow is gone. Each item represents something and has a scripture to go with it. The roll is the tomb, the marshmallow is Christ and when it comes out of the oven it is gone, like Christ's body was. It was cute.
Wow. 200 hundred eggs. I wish I could have come. That picture of you is laughing is really cute and really great. My girls loved dying the easter eggs and loved cracking them the next day, but didn't love the eating them part. SO all of our eggs got the shells off and a whole lot didn't get eaten. Oh well.
Post a Comment