I should probably write some things down about Mother's Day, even though I didn't take any pictures.
It was a nice day. I got to sleep in a little. The kids were happy and cooperative all day.
Joel didn't have to go to ward council in the morning which meant that he could help me get the kids ready for 9:00 church. Now THAT is a holiday, I'm telling you. Even though we only live five minutes away from our church building, I have been a little late a couple of times (and Everett does not always have on matching socks). It was wonderful to know that I wasn't the only one responsible to have the kids fed, dressed, clean and to the church on time. I try very hard to not be short with the kids when they dawdle on Sunday mornings, because--hello!--of course they dawdle. What sense of time does a two-year-old really have, anyway? And I didn't have to try at all yesterday morning because everything went smoothly.
Joel gave me a sheet set for our bed. This is probably more suitable for Valentine's day or a wedding shower, but I asked for them. They are smooooooooth, and a nice crisp white just like you see on a hotel bed. It's a good thing we have a lock on our bedroom door.
Joel and the kids presented me with a bouquet of flowers. They were very pretty, but the best part was seeing Everett and Ashley's proud expressions.
William, as always, was a dream. He also took three steps which was a delightful surprise.
I made myself a cheesecake Saturday night so it could chill all day in the fridge. No, I didn't wait until after dinner; I had a slice as soon as we put the kids down for a nap. It wasn't perfect, but it hit the spot.
For dinner, I made fish tacos from a Cheesecake Factory copycat recipe. Has anyone had fish tacos at that restaurant? They are delicious. Mine didn't taste the same but they were still good. The best part is, I have leftovers to enjoy for lunch all week.
BUT, my favorite part of the day was when Everett went up to the front of the Chapel with the rest of the primary kids to sing "Mother, I Love You." He was so proud to be going up to the front and kept a proud smile on his face throughout the song. The children signed during the song and I was surprised to see that Everett knew all the actions.
In October during the annual primary program, Everett was seated next to the Sacrament table and stuffed a handful of sacrament bread in his mouth. This time I reminded him to stay far, far away from that table and to definitely not take any bread.
"I know Mom," he replied, "I'm bigger now." And off he went. Everett performed the song for me repeatedly until bedtime that night and my heart swelled with each rendition. Singing is hard for him and I was proud to see him do so well.
And Ashley? Ashley was her usual giggly, twirling, delightful self. It was exactly what I wanted.
I was thinking all day about all the wonderful women I know who have inspired me in various ways, whether they have children of their own or not. I am blessed to have known many beautiful souls.
Mr. Robot
17 hours ago
1 comments:
Jeff had been going to ward council ever since we got married, and I was never late. But now he is a primary teacher and he is here to get the kids ready and we are late every Sunday. Perhaps its because I think that he will help????? Glad you had charming kids on Mothers Day.
Post a Comment