Thursday, December 20, 2007

Everett

Today while I was finishing up with the packing for our trip, Everett found his little slipper shoes that he is going to wear at the airport and kept trying to put them on his feet. He never actually got them on, but the whole thing made me laugh because he was doing it so matter-of-factly.

"Why of course I can put my own shoes on, Momma. What's so funny about that?"

And (and Joel will never believe me because he wasn't here to hear it) I swear Everett said his first real word today. He has been saying "Ma" for a variety of things, and "Na" when he wants something to eat, but today he was playing with his favorite stuffed kitty and when I asked him what it was, he held it out to me and said "tiddy".

Precious. He is slow to talk, but he'll get there. I am constantly amazed at how much he knows that he can't express.

0 comments: