Saturday night I went out and bought a five pound box of Clementine oranges (which I had never tasted before) for only a few dollars. I was so excited about this buy, but I knew Joel would want "real" oranges, so I bagged and bought a few of the Sunkist variety for him.
This morning, we only have a handful left of my now favorite oranges. I guess Joel actually did like them better--even though he maintains that they are not "real" oranges, he has yet to give me a solid reason (I think it's because they're smaller).
I just wanted to give a shout-out to this wonderful fruit. I really like oranges, but I really dislike the peel and all the stuff that remains on the wedges after you remove the peel. I spend more time cleaning off the orange than I do eating it, which gives Joel ample time to poke fun at me and jokingly tell me to "get over it".
HOWEVER, this problem is non-existant with Clementine oranges. The peel is thin and is removed extremely easily, and the fruit inside is perfectly sweet. No more meticulous removing-and-cleaning for me!
For those of you out there looking for the perfect way to combat all of the holiday sweets and treats, I would like to suggest you sit yourself down with a big box of Clementines. But don't be surprised if it doesn't last you as long as you thought...
Mr. Robot
17 hours ago
2 comments:
Clementines huh... I'll have to try those out. Cody and I both love oranges but I hate the mess of peeling them. Thanks for the tip! :)
I love clementines! Oh, that actually sounds good right now. I haven't been able to eat all day! lol....and you know what is funny. My other friend just posted about orange and clementines too... They MUST be good. Isn't that funny?
Post a Comment