Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Widgets, Presents, and Packing

So...it's Christmas soon! Did everyone know that? Well I did, but it came up way too quickly for me this year. I am not prepared to pack up and go to Utah yet (we fly out tomorrow). I have to get our Christmas cards mailed out (still), finish ribbon flowers for a throw pillow for my Grandparents, and I still have to buy a couple of gifts, which is a little difficult considering that I don't have a car during the day. Oh, and I have to pack as well. And clean the house. All with zero energy, major headaches, and morning sickness up the wahzoo. And a toddler. But it could be worse, and it is for a lot of people. I really do feel I have a lot to be grateful for this year even though I sound a little frantic.

Yes, I said it: morning sickness. I went to the doctor yesterday and found out I am thirteen weeks pregnant! Who knew?! I figured if I was, I was only a little ways along, but what a nice surprise. I'm 90% sure it's a boy, which probably means it will turn out to be a girl and I will be shocked and pleased. I say pleased because Joel has been wonderful and got me a sewing machine for Christmas, so I am thinking of all the things I want to do with it, all the little clothes I could make, etc. The thing is, clothes are so much more fun to make for girls than for boys. Usually for boys it is more cost effective to buy a t-shirt at Walmart than to try to make one, but with girls, you can whip up a cute little dress in practically no time at all. And hair bows! Talk about hair bows and accessories. Wow. Joel just rolls his eyes, but baby stuff is so much fun.

And I'll have to find a toddler bed for Everett. This means they will be 19 months apart, so Everett will have been in Nursery for a month, which was the goal, but I think he'll still be too little for a real bed. Craigslist out here has so many toddler beds for sale it's not even funny, and they are generally in very good condition. That is probably because out here people stick with one or two kids and don't have five then pass the bed down to cousins, then friends, then everyone but the neighbor's dog, then finally send it to DI.

But how cute. I'll have to find some very cute bedding as well. If Joel had his way, it would be Spiderman all the way, but maybe I can talk him into cars and trucks or something like that. Who knows, maybe I'll even do something super boring.

Well anyway, I have a million thoughts about all of this, but I'm sure no one wants to hear them all. Let me just direct your gaze to the upper right hand corner of this blog, where you will see a very neat widget. Ever since I saw it on my friend's blog, I have been waiting weeks to be far enough along so I can announce the pregnancy and use this, and I finally can! How exciting.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Congrats Elise!!! That's awesome!! Hope you guys have a great Christmas and we'll see you on the 27th!!

Natalie Sue said...

Yay!!! I'm so excited for you!!! Ugh.. morning sickness.. let's get over it SOON! Good luck with everything. You are amazing. There is no way I could do all that you are doing.

Jessica Brown said...

Yea Elise. Congradulations! I can't believe our babies are already one year! Doesn't it seem like it was just yesterday that we were blabbing on and on about everything but primary in our presidency meeting? Oh man. Why does time go so fast!

And thats awesome that you know how to sew. You are so crafty!

Unknown said...

hey congratulations you guys!!! that is so fun! have fun in utah!