Saturday, December 1, 2007

Random Thoughts

Everett has all four molars coming in (a couple have already broken through) and has also had a cold lately. This occurrence manifests itself by snot, boogers, and every other derivative of the mucous membrane of the nose exiting in gushes. All day. Every day. This has resulted in five things happening:

  1. I use the nasal aspirator as often as I can be sure that it won't irritate his nose.
  2. Everett has gotten so used to the aspirator that he will actually lean forward and hold still as I perform the necessary sucking-and-removing procedures.
  3. If I even come close to him with a napkin, kleenex, or even my own finger to remove any boogers, a litany of wails, shrieks, and thrashing ensues to the point that I have nearly dropped him several times.
  4. I have wondered why Everett prefers the much more aggressive removal of snot to what I was sure was the kinder, gentler, more humane method. This has led to me being tempted to try the aspirator on myself to see what it feels like.
  5. When I communicated this thought to Joel last night, he merely shook his head in resignation and said "Only you, Elise. Only you."

Well. Perhaps.

1 comments:

Natalie Sue said...

THAT'S what it's called! A Nasal aspirator. I always used the term snot sucker. :) Not quite as appropriate. Jayden hates all of the above. Good for Everett.. he holds still! Wow. And no worries, I've though of using it on myself too, to see what it is like. Although it seems I have awful memories of it vivid in my mind from my childhood.