Lately I've been reading a little of Joel's missionary journal when I sit down to eat breakfast or lunch, and it has been such a great experience I wanted to recommend it to all of you. It is really nice to be able to hear about things that happened in such a personal way, and since I know a lot of the stories already, it is nice getting more detail.
So far, I've only encountered one problem, which is when Joel decided to be ambitious and practice his German by writing his entries in German (he served in Austria). As I get farther into his mission, those entries become much more frequent, but I still find quite a few English gems. It has been really fun and I have been able to see Joel in a little bit of a different way.
Pucker Up
4 days ago
1 comments:
Oh, that is a really good idea. I always ask Ladd to tell me stories from his mission and he always replies, "What do you want to hear about?" So why don't I just read his missionary journal. :) Perfect idea!
Post a Comment