PART I: STURBRIDGE VILLAGE
On our first full day in Massachusetts, we traveled a few miles away to a place called Sturbridge Village. This is a neat place, kind of like Nauvoo, in which many old buildings have been preserved so people like us can walk through and learn about life in the 1830's. There was so much to do that we didn't get to see everything, but I enjoyed it because this is my kind of thing. Joel was interested in the buildings, but, like his Dad (far right, below), after going through quite a few buildings, he decided it was more fun to poke his head in the door and call it good. My only regret is that I didn't have the time to read all of the plaques and informational posters around because there was so much to learn that I missed. But, when you have a wriggly toddler, you just can't stop and dilly-dally whenever you'd like.
Us (obviously) and my wonderful In-laws. Joel's Dad ran the Boston Marathon, which is why we were up there in the first place.
Everett enjoyed many of the sights and sounds, including these oxen. There were also cows and chickens. Mostly he just enjoyed running around on the grass and picking up all sorts of twigs, leaves, and grubs (and who can blame him?). As a bonus, he was able to act on his fascination with fences and explore many of them (when this picture was taken he was enjoying the fence more than the ox).
This isn't a very good picture but it is of the inside of a chapel. I thought it was fun to learn about this place of worship, Joel liked seeing the building, and Everett loved the hoards of ladybugs on the warm windows. Something for everyone!
coming up next:
PART II: BOSTON
(I've been having trouble with those particular pictures loading, for some reason. Check back later).
Pucker Up
4 days ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment