Thursday, April 10, 2008

National Cherry Blossom Festival

The National Cherry Blossom Festival has been going on Downtown for the past week or two, and Joel and I finally got up there to see all the blossoms last night. We wanted to go over the weekend, but with General Conference we really didn't have enough time (and it has been rainy most of the other days). Last night was perfect, though cloudy, and we headed up after Joel got in from work. The only hiccup in our traveling was that we ended up fighting the crowds that were trying to get to the Wizards game and (I think) a Nationals game as well, based on the signs. It took us over an hour to get there and only about 25 minutes to get home, but other than that we really can't complain.



You can see the blossoms way in the background. They go all along the monuments and along the Potomac. It is really very pretty, but our pictures don't do them justice (it was starting to get dark). We missed all of the festivities and things, but that also means we missed the crowds, which was a very good thing.
{For those of you wanting a pregnancy shot, here you go. Now, wasn't that just so exciting? :) }


The Jefferson Memorial. This is my favorite building, for aesthetic reasons. It is very neat.

This is self-explanitory, but I will point out that you can see the Jefferson Memorial in the background to the left.

I was excited that we were there to see the sun set. It was gorgeous (again, our little camera doesn't do it justice). We took this picture toward the beginning, and the sky kept getting prettier and prettier. Unfortunately our other pictures didn't turn out very well.


Benjamin Franklin, one of my favorite people from that era.

We tried to get Everett excited about Mr. Franklin, but he didn't see the point of posing next to a chunk of metal. Go figure.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

good stuff guys. How cool that you can just take a little jont down to DC.

Jessica Brown said...

Elise you look gorgeous! Your always so cute and tiny even when you are pregnant! Not fair!

Those pictures are so gorgeous. I've never been to DC, maybe we could come visit before you guys leave!

Tori said...

My last comment didn't work, I think.

Yay for pictures! Your belly is much smaller than mine! Very cute.

I'm hoping that I can see the cherry blossoms in D.C. sometime. NJ is only a couple hours away!

Natalie Sue said...

Look at your cute little pregnant self! You look four months pregnant and I look 11 months pregnant and we are right next to each other. No fair! :) Can't wait for these cute babies. Glad you had so much fun in DC!