A few days ago Everett and I took a trip to the local farm. It has tons of animals and activities for kids (most being too advanced for Everett now, but it is nice that they have them), and best of all, it is absolutely free! It was a wonderful experience and Everett had a fantastic time running back and forth between animal pens. I had been meaning to teach him farm animal identification for quite some time, but I hadn't gotten around to it. While we were there, Everett learned every single animal. After I said the same of the animal a couple of times, it stuck with him and so anytime I asked where a particular animal was, he was able to point to it and run to see it. A plus--Everett now knows to say "mmmmmo" (yes, I know; it should be "mooo") when asked what noise a cow makes.
This is with a momma and baby goat, which you can't really see, but Everett was happy to be in there. This is in the barn with the other babies (pigs and a lamb). It was the icing on the cake when, of all creatures, the barn cat waltzed in. Everett loves cats and was fascinated by watching him leap along beams and pens.
Surprisingly, the goats were Everett's favorite, by far. There were two goats near the fence here and he spent a lot of time running back and forth between them. Despite what this picture may indicate, I did not let him touch the goat. I did not want to treat any chomped fingers.
"Goat!"
Everett didn't care much for the chickens or any of the winged creatures, which kind of surprised me given that he always likes seeing ducks when we walk to the pond. This farm had ducks, geese, turkeys, chickens, and even a peacock.
Piglets! These piglets had so much energy. You can't tell by this picture, but they were forever racing around the pen and leaping--leaping!--over each other. Everett had a fun time watching them. Kids were allowed to pet these piglets and I helped Everett at one point, but I think he just preferred watching.
2 comments:
Oh how fun! I love farm animals. I can't wait to take Jayden somewhere fun like that. My mom has been talking about going to Thanksgiving point ever since he was born. :)
cute pictures! I'm such a fan of free fun things for kids and moms! It looks like it was a beautiful day too.
Post a Comment