Lately I've been trying to think up some activities for Everett to do around the house since he is getting old enough to get restless (and grumpy because of it) sometimes. I settled on a miniature sandbox for the balcony, and he has really seemed to enjoy it. That might have something to do with the fact that he is a boy and a toddler, and so of course that means he really likes making messes.
(We do have a lid for this sandbox so the animals will stay out.)
Seeing as I make him wear one of my old shirts, clean up is as easy as taking it off and brushing off his hands and feet.
His favorite activity is grabbing as much sand as possible in both of his fists, then either walking to the railing and dumping it far below, or placing it on the lid you see behind him (on the cooler). He will put it in the bucket, but he seems to think the other ways are more fun.
All in all, I am glad I put it together for him. Seeing as the sand cost 3.99 and the toys were found in the 1.99 aisle at Target, it was an inexpensive but valuable purchase.
Pucker Up
4 days ago
4 comments:
How cool! You're a genius! By the way, I don't know if I told you but I like the new look of the blog! Very cute!
PS. Was it Joel that voted the leash is child abuse?? haha
Such a great idea!!!
Your a genius Elise, why haven't I thought about that! When you live in a 900 square foot apartment and its rainy most of the time, we really do need to get creative don't we?
You are such a good mom; I want to be just like you! :]
Our baby is four days old today! I'll write and tell all about it soon, I promise!
Post a Comment