Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Bright Side?

DOWN: I really didn't feel like exercising today

UP: We actually got to the YMCA early and the easy cycling teacher was there today (and Everett and Ashley didn't fight over who got to push the button to open the door).

DOWN: As soon as I got the three kids loaded in the car after cycling class, Ashley and Everett whined and screamed and informed a very tired me that they were soooooo really really really hungry.
UP: We were actually on our way to a brunch with some friends.

DOWN: Ashley had an accident today immediately after I put underwear on her(we've started potty training).
UP: Ashley used the potty five times today and had no subsequent accidents!

DOWN: No one ate their dinner except me.
UP: We just had leftovers, so I didn't have to worry about massive amounts of dishes.

DOWN: Kids decided to be grumpy as soon as Joel walked out the door for church meetings.
UP: They happily went outside to play with the neighbor boy.

DOWN: In the five seconds it took me to retrieve William from the house, the kids found a mud pit and covered their extremities in enormous mud clods.
UP: At least they were having fun.

DOWN: In the five seconds it took Ashley to walk away from me (with her muddy little body), she decided she needed to use the toilet.
UP: At least she knew.

DOWN: In the process of whisking Ashley up the stairs to the bathroom, gajillions of small muddy clumps went flying everywhere.
UP: This forces upon me the opportunity to remove all the smudge marks on our walls and carpet.

DOWN: After Ashley's potty time and a much-needed scrub down (for both kids), the bathroom I had scrubbed earlier today was covered with dark brown mud.
UP: At least it wasn't poop.

DOWN: William was teething and a little fussy after Everett and Ashley went to bed.
UP: He fell asleep in my arms.

DOWN: I feel exhausted.
UP: I am in charge of what happens in this house. This means I can send myself to bed right now!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

loved the post and your sense of humor ("at least it wasn't poop").

Stephanie said...

That sounds like one tiring and frustrating day. You are very brave to look at the up side. I relish in complaining and in trying to get Jeff to feel as badly for me as I do. Selfish perhaps?

Hope that tomorrow is a better day.

Jessica Brown said...

I love your optimism. Your such a good momma!

Camille said...

OH you're inspirational!