Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Power Up

Remember the very first power iMacs that came in a variety of juicy colors? I was a teenager when my family got one. It was the first computer I ever used email on, the computer that I instant-messaged my friends on, and it was the computer that I wasted endless hours on in the process of avoiding my homework.

It was a wonderful little computer. My younger siblings enjoyed playing lots of games, most of them educational. Have you ever heard of Sammy's Science House, Math Blaster, or Alphabonk Farm?

Well, guess what? This computer, which is about 500 in computer years, lives on. My parents were kind enough to bring it out to us and Everett has been sharing his room with this beauty ever since. (This breaks my rule about computers in bedrooms, but we disabled the internet, and we don't have anywhere else to put it anyway.)



It still runs great. Everett knows exactly how to turn it on and get all the games ready to go. The only time this is a downside is after Everett is supposed to be in bed--Joel and I will be about our business when suddenly we hear some doop deedleleeedle dum dum start-up music coming from Everett's room (we keep the volume way, way up on that thing so we can hear it easily). Only once did I have to forcibly remove the computer from Everett's room, much to his surprise, and we haven't had any problems since then.




I believe Everett is putting jellybeans on cookies in "Millie's Math House." The fact that these games are educational and entertaining makes us both happy.




Ashley loves the computer (though Everett usually relegates her to watching), but I think she loves the camera even more.

1 comments:

Sharon McKee said...

Thats funny, I DO remember those computers...