General Conference is almost upon us, and I realized yesterday that I have not done anything to prepare my kids. We have not talked about prophets, apostles, or why we will be listening to them. I can't believe it is conference time already!
So, today, I made up a quick worksheet for them to complete while we are listening. Well, okay, it's not really a worksheet. All I did was take some pictures of the Prophets and Apostles and put them on a word document with their names under them.
We'll call it "hide and go seek." The basic gist of it is that when a new speaker comes on, I'll ask the kids to match the man on the TV with a man on one of the pages I will have taped up on the wall. Once they do, they get to put a sticker on his tie. Then I'll go over his name with them. Easy, peasy, and since we won't have it last any longer than that, they can go right back to playing. These kids of mine aren't old enough to take notes or identify themes among the talks; all I want them to do is to begin to recognize the importance of these great men in our lives.
If anyone is interested in my low-maintenance approach, I put the documents online at scribd. They are very basic--not flashy, fancy, or cutesy, just the way I like it. I had to do this in a minimum amount of pages because I will be printing these off at the library (a new printer is on our long list of things to buy), but I'm sure you could put one person per page if you are feeling ambitious.
HERE you go. Have at it. Let me know if any of you do anything else with your kids. I'd love to get some ideas for next conference!
1 comments:
Oh Elise, I hope to be half as good of a mom one day as you are. That is such a good idea. One I feel like I could use just because I don't always pay attention. I will definitely keep this on the docket for when our kids are older.
Post a Comment