Saturday, November 6, 2010

All in the Family


We often have movie nights with homemade pizza (last night was Surf's Up, which the kids didn't really enjoy). Everyone likes their pizza a different way.

I like mine bruschetta style, with a little olive oil and garlic instead of tomato sauce, topped with fresh tomato slices, fresh spinach, red onion, and mozzarella. I haven't tried it with basil yet, but I should.

Joel likes barbecue chicken pizza, with red onion.

The kids, well, the kids eat whatever I have out for them. Usually it is regular old cheese pizza with plenty of green bell pepper.

YUM. Add some breadsticks and everyone is a fan of this carb-heavy, vegetable-low dinner. I wonder if the kids will remember this tradition?

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

It seems like every meal in our house is carb heavy vegetable light. Looking at those pizzas is making me hungry.

Our family tradition is to wake up early on Saturday go to the grocery store in our pj's to get donuts and then to the mall play place. Talk about healthy right?