Saturday, November 6, 2010

Lullaby


I found Ashley sound asleep like this yesterday afternoon. She has been loving this book lately--she finds it especially funny when the dogs fight about whether the boy dog likes the girl dog's hat.

"Do you like my hat?" Ashley will wander around saying. Then, she'll scowl as she replies to herself, "No, I do not like that hat! Goodbye! Good-BYE!" After she is done with the dialogue, she smiles shyly if she notices that I have been watching her.

Someday she will be into whatever fad the other kids are going wild over. I love soaking in these simple days; hopefully they will last me through the teenage years.

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

So cute!

Brianna said...

I remember reading this when I was young! And then we read it to Alyssa when she came along...and I always remember saying inquisitively, "Do you like my hat?" And she would say, "No I do not!" We still say it to this day if we're trying on a hat or have a hood on or anything along those lines. It's a good book!

Brianna (Holt)