Monday, November 22, 2010

Art

I've said this before, but I don't save any of my kids' art. I uploaded a bunch of drawings to the computer before we moved so I wouldn't feel bad about throwing our drawing notebooks away. What is my excuse now? Well, habit. But I did take a few pictures of some drawings recently and I thought I would post them now before I forget all about them.


Everett drew this picture of robots the day of his birthday. He used his new birthday markers and was excited about the fact that he had just turned four. Can you tell?





This is the backside. What you see here is a purple-ish alien, a red alien, two orange aliens, some water, and that llama looking thing you see? That is a T-Rex. Ferocious, no?




Ashley usually scribbles, as you can see at the bottom of this page, but here she drew a little person. I asked her who it was and she said "William!"




Then I asked her about this picture, imagining she would explain some sort of elaborate scenario. Instead, she just looked at me and said matter-of-factly, "I drew a circle and some lines."

Well. How in the world did I skip over that?


So far, my kids do not get offended when I say "what is that?" instead of "tell me about this picture. . ." Maybe they will in the near future. Usually when they draw something and I express interest in what they are doing, they hold the picture out to me and say, "Mommy, it's for you. . ." in an extra-sweet, dripping-with-honey voice.

I'll take it. Every single time, I'll take it.

2 comments:

Chelsea and gang said...

Ok I haven't checked blogs in months now! Your kids are just adorable. Little William...so cute! I can't believe how big everyone is. When will you be in Utah next? I need to see you and your family! hehe

LeAnn said...

That is so good you save their artwork digitally. What cute drawings and good memories of when they were little! You're a good mom Elise!