Monday, September 12, 2011

Ashley Ballerina

Have you ever seen the show Angelina Ballerina?  Ashley has.  While it definitely isn't even her favorite, and she certainly doesn't ever really ask to watch it, she has picked up a few ideas from their dance performances.

Ashley loves dancing about the house.  Often I will catch her doing some sort of pose and once she notices me watching her, she'll stop and duck her head in a self-conscious kind of way.  It is very sweet.  She just loves moving and prancing about.  I don't know if we will put her in dance, but she is starting gymnastics on Friday and I think she will love it.

I took these photos a couple of weeks ago when Ashley was in a non-bashful dancing mood.  She asked me for a ballerina bun so I piled her hair up and off she went to show me some moves.  










And then, there are the less-graceful poses:






Regardless of grace, Ashley has a great time pretending to be a ballerina.










And so when Ashley comes up to me and says, "Mom!  Do you want to see my new trick??!!"  I laugh and tell her to go right ahead.  I wouldn't miss it!

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

How fun! Those pictures are priceless. Ashley is so cute! We love the show Angelina Ballerina at our house. Our girls would have a fun time being ballerinas together! :) We're excited to hear how gymnastics go!

Rebekah said...

She looks so cute!!!