A family we know keeps what they call a "laugh book." It is a collection of funny things the kids do or say. Once in a while, they get it out and read it together and enjoy reliving the memories. So I've decided that I need to be better about recording the silly things that go on in our house. Feel free to skip this post--it's all just so we don't forget it, anyway!
A few days ago when we were having family scripture study, we read about Jacob and Sherem (who wrongly taught the people that there is no Christ). The people eventually see that Sherem was wrong and ask God to forgive them. This led us into a discussion about repentance.
"Everyone needs to learn how to repent," I said, "even me."
I paused for effect so Everett and Ashley could realize that even their mother makes mistakes. I shouldn't have bothered.
"Yeah. Like a few days ago, when you put cereal in my bowl that I didn't want to eat," Everett reminded me. "That was not the right thing to do, Mom."
Hah. Well, I guess my kids are already on to me. But I sure wish that is the worst thing that I've ever done!
Ashley and Everett like to watch Disney's animated Robin Hood. I asked Ashley if she likes watching Maid Marian, and she shrugged.
"There's only two girls and lots of boys," she said with annoyance. "I don't get it."
One of William's favorite games is to start at one end of the room, shout "Go!!!!" and run to the other side. Repeat, repeat, repeat. He especially likes to do this when the other kids are also involved.
William has also loved being tucked in bed right next to Everett's giant stuffed dog. I lay the blanket over William, then over the dog and say, "Night-night William. Night-night dog." William already has his thumb in his mouth by this point but he bursts out with laughter anyway. Then I can hear him telling the dog "night-night" for the next few minutes until he settles down.
One time William was playing with our collection of pretend food and found a plastic replica of a cookie mix. He noticed the picture of the chocolate chip cookie and carried this red package around with him for the next hour or two, begging anyone who would listen to get him a cookie out of it. We never could convince him that it was empty, but we did distract him and eventually he forgot about the whole thing.
Mr. Robot
17 hours ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment