I've posted kind of a lot about Everett lately, so I thought I would do a post just about Ashley. (You have heard a bit about her lately, so feel free to skip this one.) She certainly is just stepping into the age of discovery, and she is getting very good at figuring out her surroundings.
She's started saying "oh-oh!" (uh-oh) when she spills/drops/breaks/can't find something.
She is constantly walking around with her fingers in her bellybutton.
When I say to her, "Ashley, where's Everett?" She will reply "Oh!" and shake her head back and forth. This is because when I first started asking her this, I would pretend like I was looking around all over the place for him..
She nods when she wants something, and shakes her head when she is not happy with a situation, but I don't know that this is 100% intentional.
When I tell her "No!" she stops what she was doing and moves onto something else. This used to make her cry; now it just makes her serious and obedient.
She gets a big kick out of sharing her food with me.
She loves to be chased.
She goes nuts when we pass the stuffed animal aisle at Wal-mart.
And, now, when we're outside, she doesn't like me to just hold her anymore. This is what she has to be doing:
Playing in the giant sand box. Yes, that is her discarded pacifier. She still likes to eat the sand so I give it to her in the hopes that she will keep it in. Still hasn't worked.
1 comments:
These cute one year olds are getting so big. I know what you mean about chasing them, spencer loves that play ground- he is learning his limits on it, which is helpful. Ashley is darling! I hope we get a little girl (but I'm sure I'll be happy with the littl boy we will probably have) :)
naomi
Post a Comment