Today I looked over at the couch and saw Ashley sitting there with a washcloth on her head. She had such a pleased look on her face that I burst out laughing, and of course Everett had to climb up there and put one on his head too.
However, he thought it was much more fun to whip it off his head as fast as he could, getting Ashley to laugh.
But I think he was the one who was laughing the most.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Potty Training Status:
Trained! Well, mostly. We've had only a handful of accidents, and generally those have happened when Joel and I didn't take him to the bathroom often enough.
I have been too nervous to take him on errands in underpants, so he now knows that when he is wearing a diaper, he must still use the toilet. So far he has not had a wet diaper at all except for at night. One day he held it for four hours while we were out.
He doesn't volunteer to go to the bathroom much, but he is willing to do it if we ask him to. When I take him in I try to make silly noises when he goes so he still thinks it's entertaining. So far, so good.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ashley had her 12 month check-up today, which was great because she was very sick over the weekend. I almost took her to an Urgent Care clinic, but I didn't. Come to find out, she had/has the remnants of a raging ear infection! Poor girl. We have some numbing drops now, but she has been almost back to normal today.
Here are her stats this month, if anyone wants to know:
Height: 27 inches/20th percentile
Weight: 18 lbs, 10 oz/12th percentile
Head: 47 cm/95th percentile
Crazy! I don't know how, but her head has really grown. Also, I've been so excited to be able to turn her car seat around, but we have to wait. I don't know how long it will take her to get to 20 pounds, but whenever it happens, she'll be happy to be looking out the front of the car.
Pucker Up
4 days ago
2 comments:
congrats to Everett! I love his little soccer jersey, btw!
Hooray for Everett! Isn't it wonderful? I had to take/remind Nicholas to use the bathroom for a couple of weeks and then he would tell me he needed to go. Don't worry, it will come. :)
Cute pictures!
Post a Comment