Sunday, October 3, 2010

Dennis

Joel and I have a nice king-sized bed which we inherited from my grandparents. We love it. It is a select comfort bed, and can be completely dismantled. This is great for moves. In fact, moving is the only time Joel and I ever dismantle the bed because it is such a pain; there are a lot of awkward pieces.

Yesterday Ashley wrote with blue pen on my cream colored sheets, so I stripped the bed.

Everett came into the room as I was occupied with other things, unzipped the pillowtop part of the upper mattress, and completely disassembled the bed. All in about ten minutes.



We weren't very happy. However, I did realize that technically, this is something I have never told Everett not to do, so I couldn't be too upset with him. I'm sure he was just fascinated by all the strange things he found inside our bed.



It took Joel a while to put back together (he may or may not have been muttering to himself along the way). I'm pretty sure Everett won't ever do this again; usually when he does something like this innocently, all we have to do is explain to him why he shouldn't and he remembers.

What a funny kid. Mischief and all, I'm sure glad he's mine.

1 comments:

Shanda said...

Wow, he is one smart kid! My girls have never even attempted to do that to our bed & they've seen us take it apart & put it together. Wow! Don't you just love your bed!?!? I don't enjoy vacations anymore because I miss my bed! We've found a few hotels that offer sleep number beds and when we can, that is where we stay.