Monday, October 25, 2010

Progress!

One month ago, William was at the negative 3rd percentile on the growth chart for height and weight.
(He weighed just shy of 12 and a half pounds and was only 23 inches long.)


The doctor wanted me to bring him in after a month to get him weighed and measured again, so I did that today while the kids were playing at a friend's house. Guess what? He has grown! He hasn't grown much, but he has grown. Today, at seven months old, he almost weighed 14 pounds and was 24 inches long, which puts him at the 3rd percentile.

We're not in the negatives anymore! (Don't get Joel started on the statistical impossibilities of negative percentiles)

I'm truly not worried about him because he eats well and is happy and very energetic, but it is nice to see that he is growing. I'm sure he will catch up--although I'm sure we won't be able to put him front-facing in his car seat for a long while--but for now, I can't help but enjoy my sweet little guy. He is wiry and squirmy and cuddly and his big brown eyes and thick dark lashes make me melt. I love him more than words.

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

Wow, I didn't realize William was so little! I'm glad he's growing. Way to go William getting out of the negatives!! :)

Jess said...

How did I survive having Nathan? LOL He was the size William is right now when he was born, well almost. 11lbs and 24 inches long EEKKKK (yes c-section) lol