Saturday, October 30, 2010

Mr. Sandman

Everett just told me about a dream he had, so I thought I'd write it down before I forgot. I occasionally ask him if he had a dream, and he never has anything to tell me. I think after a few minutes, Everett started adding details he didn't really dream about, but it is a fun story just the same.


Everett came excitedly into the bathroom as I was washing my hands this morning.

"Mom, Mom! Guess what! That one time, there were all these skeetos (mosquitoes) and they wanted my poop and I let them go in the toilet and I flushed them away!"

"Everett, was this a dream or did this really happen?"

He grinned. "I saw it in a dream!"

"What happened in your dream?"

"I woke up and all deese skeetos were trying to eat me all over da pwace (insert a growly yum yum yum yum yum). And next I got up and next I went to the bafroom and I put them in the toiwet!"

"How did you put them in there?"

"I cwosed the wid, see? And next I fwushed (sound effect) and they were all gone!"

"What happened next?"

"Den I was back in bed and fwee cwickets came hop hop hop on top of me! And next I fwushed them down the toiwet too!"

"And then what happened?"

"Nuffing," Everett shrugged, "I just went back to sweep."


Fun stuff. I think I know exactly why he dreamed of a swarm of mosquitoes. Last night we watched the movie Ponyo, and in it, as the little boy jumps over some rocks, hundreds of insects scatter away from him. Maybe this made more of an impression on him than I thought, or maybe I'm completely off with my logic here. Either way, I'm glad to write this down so he can laugh about it later.

0 comments: