(sorry; the angle of the camera has made some of these bows look lopsided and funny) I thought I would share my latest project with all of you. I love ribbons and bows and all sorts of things like that, so I am very excited to have a girl to dress up. A friend of mine noticed that I have made baby headbands and bows for people in the ward and asked me to make some for her to give to a friend. I had a lot of fun doing it and it made me get some good ideas for the ones I am going to make for our own little
Ashley to wear when she gets here. They are fun because they all snap onto the two headbands (brown and white) you see pictured so they are interchangable.
Joel came over to where I was working on them when I had finished and said, "Do you want me to tell you which one I like the best?" I told him to go ahead. After he looked the bows over for a couple of seconds, he said:
"Well, I like this one and this one (pointing to the top two), and I hate all of the others".
I laughed because that was the reaction I thought he would give, considering that he has a general distaste for girly things. I informed him that our daughter would be wearing bows and he hastily let me know that from now on I would have to "run all the bow ideas past [him] first".
Yeah, right! If it were up to him, she would wear basketball shorts, sneakers, and hooded sweatshirts like her brother (not that there is anything wrong with that, and I'm sure she will sometimes). Therefore, I am taking it upon myself to bring a little femininity into this house, and Joel full well knows he can not do anything to stop it from happening.
Hah.
P.S. If any of you want to know how to make these, I'd be happy to show you. They are very very easy and pretty fast once you get the hang of it.
3 comments:
Those are so cute! I might have to ask you how to make them. I have plans to sew a blanket or two for our baby before she comes, but that's looking less and less likely with how fast time is flying!
So I fully intended on putting a picture of myself up with the blog post, but I was the only one at home and didn't want to find the camera. Plus I didn't look very cute. But today I think I do, so I'll have to take a picture of myself tonight. :]
As for names, I always like looking through my family PAF and finding cool ancestral names. You should try that!
Those are really cute! Husbands.. they are silly cause they don't know what they are talking about a lot of the time. :) Of course you will do all the girly things that you want to! So much fun! I'm so excited for you.
Well I like your bows. My favorite is the bottom left.
Post a Comment