Friday, March 14, 2008

Random Thoughts

Firstly, go ahead and take a look at the link I'm going to give you. This has got to be one of the coolest ideas for a cupcake, ever. At least if you're willing to spend the time. I'm thinking Valentine's Day pity party, but it could also work for those of you who are enthused about all things anatomical.

Secondly, well, I just wanted to say that Everett has hit another major milestone (besides learning how to type). Now when he is angry, he doesn't bite me--major "no-no"--but he will smack himself repeatedly in the head and face. It's a little unfortunate, but he never really hurts himself, and really he does it because this is the only way he knows how to get rid of all that emotion. As he gets more verbal I can work with him some more, but right now I think all I can really do is hold him and focus his attention on something else without reacting too much to the hitting. I know that anger management is one of the main things I will have to work with him on as he gets older, but right now he is definitely too little to understand if I tell him to go scream in a pillow or run around outside the house.

Thirdly, Everett now knows how to nod to say "yes". He actually picked it up a few days ago after I worked with him on it for a day or two. What can I say, sometimes I think I need a little positive affirmation that I am giving him what he wanted. Now if he wants something he will come up to me, do the sign language for it, and nod very enthusiastically with a huge grin on his face and his eyebrows raised. It makes me smile every time. I can tell how much he wants something by the height and the speed of his nod.

I am a little tired so I can't think of anything particularly clever to say next, so I think I will consider this the end of the post. I have written more than I thought I would anyway. Check back later to see if I have thought of anything insightful, witty, or entertaining. But don't hold your breath!

1 comments:

Natalie Sue said...

I love checking your post...and I always think, "That will be Jayden in just a few months!" Very exciting. I hope you are having a great day!