Today I discovered the difference between a Mother's way of reading a book and a Father's way of reading the book (at least in our house).
The book you see above is one of Everett's favorite books because it is a singing book, so I get to sing the "Skidamarink" song every time we look at it. It is a cute book full of illustrations of a little baby bear and his parents. This is how we read this book in my house:
ELISE:
(Singing)
Skidamarink a dink a dink, Skidamarink a doo
I love you!
Skidamarink a dink a dink, Skidamarink a doo,
I love you!
I love you in the morning, and in the afternoon.
I love you in the Evening, and underneath the moon.
Skidamarink a dink a dink, Skidamarink a doo,
I love you!
JOEL:
(gets to a page where Baby Bear is snuggling with his stuffed animal bunny while going to sleep)
Look, he is snuggling with a little bunny. That's funny, because bears eat bunnies.
(turns the page)
Look, there he is skating with a bunny and a bird. That wouldn't happen because Bears eat bunnies.
(turns the page)
Etc. Etc. Etc.
I think it is safe to say that Everett is getting a varied education between the two of us and the books we own. No wonder he likes books so much; they are completely different stories depending on who reads them!

1 comments:
Ha ha ha.... that is so funny. I love that story. And I do love that song. Parenting... isn't it fun?
Post a Comment