So, last night I was watching the news and the anchor was sharing a study that had just been published about teenagers getting high off of medications, particularly cold medications. The verdict? Surprise! "There is no safe way to get high", she said.
I heard that and thought ".....And.....?"
It just made me laugh because who needs a study to learn that? The feeling of getting high is a result of less oxygen to the brain, so it makes sense that (oh, wow!) it would not be good for you. Huh.
It kind of reminded me of those studies that say something to the effect of, "Guess what? Fruits and Vegetables are good for you!". Or, "News Flash! Fast food is not healthy!".
So, here is a shout-out to all of our mothers, who knew all of this long before there were any published studies on the matters. Maybe those scientists are in the wrong profession, and they should get some bonafide mothers in on some of these studies (or at least to determine which ones are worth funding).
Pucker Up
4 days ago
2 comments:
Ha! It's so true!
Hey you, I just realized that YOU haven't posted any pregnant pictures of yourself either! And here I was, feeling guilty... Ha! It's your turn now. :]
Post a Comment