Thursday, March 27, 2008

Pictures and Updates


HAPPY EASTER (late)!

I got Everett a new Sunday outfit for Easter, and I think it ended up being pretty cute, but I also think he ended up looking a little like a high school math teacher. Oh well. At least he happily posed for us. And I do like sweater vests.

We didn't do a whole lot for Easter, and I wasn't even going to do baskets (horrible, I know), but when Joel asked me a few days prior to the holiday what I was getting for his basket, I decided I'd better give in or I might find myself having to comfort a disappointed boy Sunday morning. And I don't mean Everett.

However, we did not boil or dye eggs, we did not have an official easter egg hunt (or easter basket hunt, like my family), and we did not get up early Sunday morning to discover what the Easter Bunny--oh, forget it, what I--left. We didn't even have real easter baskets.

I thought (briefly) about getting them real Easter baskets, but then I realized two things: one, I didn't want to buy something I would only use one time each year, at least until I have more kids, and two, we live in a tiny apartment and I really didn't want to have to find a place to store them. So, as it was, Joel had himself a black shoebox (complete with lid) and Everett had a regular cardboard box with the flaps cut off. They looked very manly, or at the very least, decidedly un-feminine (a plus for most of the members of my house). But, in case you think I am the ultimate Easter scrooge, I did get Easter grass. I also got each of them some fruit snacks and starbursts, smarties, and sweet tart jelly beans. I thought about getting some candy I was excited about, but then I realized that I am home all day and that means I will be the one who ends up eating it. I did get myself a tin of pirouettes, because they are my favorite and I figured the holiday justified it. That served as my "Easter Basket", and I was fine with that! I am especially fine with the fact that they are not yet gone and I can still enjoy them for a few more days.

The one activity we did as a family was to hide some empty plastic eggs around the living room (and by "hide" I mean set out in plain view) for Everett to gather. He has been very into putting things away lately, so this was a fun game for him. He would scan the room, his right arm outstretched and his pointer finger extended, and when he found an egg his face would light up and he would run for it, bring it back, and deposit it in a container I was holding. It was fun to see him get so excited about it.

We have played with the eggs all week and he has been especially happy to discover that he can open them, even though there is nothing inside. Everett has also learned how to pick up and carry multiple objects at one time. He used to try to grab everything with just his hands, but now he knows he can collect and carry them in a heaping mound by holding the top portion with his chin and cradling the bottom portion with his arms.

That's about all that is new out here. Some of you have asked to see pictures of my pregnant belly, so maybe next time I'll address that. It is probably time for a pregnancy update, anyway!

3 comments:

Tori said...

He's so cute! He reminds me of Mac.

Jessica Brown said...

He looks so cute Elise! I love that little vest. Looking sharp Everett!

And if it makes you feel better, we didn't die any eggs either. We did do easter baskets but now I wish I didn't, because I'm so sick of candy! I think I could go off sugar for like a year and not miss it with the loads we have had lately!

Natalie Sue said...

What a cute Easter outfit! And kudos to you for celebrating Easter. Ladd wasn't that interested, so I didn't do Easter. My mom then did Easter for Jayden and us... guess I'm lazy!
I'd love a pregnancy update! I hope you are doing well!