Monday, March 3, 2008

Blessings


Today has been a wonderful day. I was able to go out for lunch with a dear friend and the two boys we have between us, and it has been sunny, breezy, and practically a perfect introduction into spring. I could not have asked for more out of today, which brings me to the point of this post: to express a (very) few of the things I am feeling particularly grateful for, in no particular order.



  • Friends who are good listeners, good care-ers, and good company.

  • A child who is sweet enough to want to help me with every single mundane task I have to do around the house, simply for the reason of being near me.

  • Little toddler-boy kisses!

  • A husband who has resumed a normal work schedule and who comes home ready to play with his son and pay attention to his home-bound wife who needs a little adult interaction.

  • The nice middle-aged asian man working at the grocery store bringing in carts who took the time to stop and notice a pregnant woman getting out of the car with a toddler, and pulled a cart out of his stack and held it while she placed her child inside.

  • The people in stores who ignore the fact that a toddler is throwing a fit because he wants to hold everything he lays eyes on, and smile and talk to him anyway as though he is the cutest thing in the world.

  • The Ensign that came today in the mail and the tribute to Gordon B. Hinkley that was included.

  • Family Home Evening! Because it gives me a reason to come up with some sort of spiritual thought or activity for Joel and me to do.

  • That Everett is learning to like wearing his hat and will now leave it on his head.

  • Nectarines for 99 cents a pound!!!!

  • The breyers cookie-dough ice cream I am waiting to enjoy tonight.

  • The baby girl inside of me who moves constantly and powerfully, and assures me both of her health and presence.


  • Warm, spring-y days that make me feel so grateful about everything in my life!

2 comments:

Natalie Sue said...

I started crying when I got to the part about the grocery store man holding the cart for you... sniff sniff. It's an incredible help isn't it?

Unknown said...

your post is a reminder for all of us to appreciate even the small things or things that may annoy us. thanks for sharing.