Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A Call for Names

All you people out there who have ever heard a name, read a name, or thought of a name, listen up! This post is for you!


ASHLEY ________ JOHNSON

is the name we have settled on (sans blank). Yes, I know, we're introducing another Ashley into the world, which was my main reservation with the name in the first place. Joel has been pushing for this name for a long time, and I have finally cracked, with one caveat: we must find an interesting middle name. She may never use it, and I don't care if she does, but it would make me feel better about having two such common names as the first and last.

This is where you come in, dear friends and family. We need middle name ideas, very very badly! If you have any ideas (and even if you don't think you do) please let us know what they are. Even if we don't use the exact names you listed, you might give us an idea for one we wouldn't otherwise have thought of. Don't be shy! Even if you don't normally comment, well, this is your time to shine.

So, feeling heroic? Inspired? Helpful? No? Well I sure hope so, because Everett here has not given us any input.

5 comments:

Natalie Sue said...

How cute! I love the name Ashley. So let's see. How about Ashley Elise Johnson? :) I think that sounds cute. Or let me think of as many other ideas as I can.

Ashley Sue
Ashley Marie
Ashley Dawn
Ashley Anne
Ashley Belle
Ashley Jane
Ashley Kay
Ashley Lu
Ashley Lynn
Ashley May
Ashley Ray
Ashley Tara

How about that?

Unknown said...

do you like random names or somewhat common names or classic names?...
elizabeth, claire, jensen, rae, brynn, harper, elle.... hmm these are all random i know but maybe it might spark ya to find one you like....

Elise said...

Thanks, you guys! I actually like Raye a lot, but Joel has vetoed it (surprise, surprise). I'm thinking Margaret or something. I'm pretty traditional with names. You two had some great ideas that have got me thinking!

aaron and meg facer said...

The name I like in highschool was Gabriela K. I really liked the idea of just having the middle name be a letter. I'm not sure how I feel about it now, though. Some names I do like now are Arriana, Isabel, Kris, Mackenzie, Mikayla, ummm...I think that's all I can think of for now. Have you and Joel had any epiphanies since you posted this (I know I'm late in responding)?

Amanda said...

Ashley Evelyn Johnson... you know you love that name!