Tuesday, October 21, 2008



Dear Hair,

This is just a quick note to say that I appreciate you. I especially appreciate you when I am pregnant and you flow strongly and securely from my scalp. Then again, I appreciate you anytime you are flowing from my scalp, as long as you are properly conditioned. (Yes, I do know that last matter is completely my responsibility.) I do try to make it a point to ensure your proper care.

Which brings me to my main point: Why do you insist on leaving me en masse? I am having a harder time appreciating you lately, given that any time I try to fix you up you leave the bathroom floor looking like I haven't swept it for twelve years. I also find hundreds of you in my bathtub, wound around my children's stuffed animals and threaded through my washed laundry. Plus, it has taken my every effort to keep you out of our dinners. I understand that it was the pregnancy hormones that kept you sticking around so well, but I am not so unappealing without them, am I? I must be; this is the only reason I can think of to explain a departure of such magnitude.

All I would like is to resolve this matter. If I pledge to keep you clean and cared for, will you kindly discontinue your roving ways?

Sincerely,
The person beneath the scalp

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

Oakley is 1 1/2 and I am just starting to have regrowth. I have had a receiting hair line for that long. Each child my hair gets thinner and thinner. I have come to terms that I will now always have short hair so you can't tell as much.

Lisa J. said...

My friend just had her second child and swears that she is going bald. She sheds like crazy and her hair is much thinner.

Natalie Sue said...

lol........I love this post! You are so funny and creative. I'm laughing and nodding my head. Oh, it is so true!

...And I tried to leave comments on other posts, but blogger wasn't working properly! I will come back later. I love keeping up on your blog!