On Sunday in Relief Society we were talking about having joy in your little children. At least, it was mentioned a little. I was out feeding Ashley for the majority of the lesson.
But, it got me thinking. Am I finding enough joy in the state of life I'm in, or am I wishing too much for the days that are not yet here? It is easy to wish my children are older so they can do this or that, but am I finding enough joy in the stages that they are in? I feel like I do have joy for the little people that they are now, not just who they will be, but it is harder to find joy in the day-to-day tasks that accompany mothering small children (even though I only have two).
So I want to ask all of you, whether you have children or not: What do you do (or what would you do) to find joy in your days? What kinds of things help you to remember to have joy, and how do you capture that feeling and hang onto it? What advice would you give other mothers who feel they need to work on having more joy?
Pucker Up
4 days ago
2 comments:
Tonight I am finding joy in going to bed.
I find greater joy when I am feeling grateful.
When I am the *most* frustrated and at-risk of "losing it"---I stop myself and imagine one of two things 1) that this moment is the last moment I have with my little one or 2) what my whining toddler would look like as a cartoon. Both ways help me to "be a better adult" and accept my son for who he is right now.
I also find I document the details of his life, ad nauseum. In the moments I am taking note or reflecting on the notes I am taking on him, I find greater joy in the little things and am able to giggle at his tantrums (of course not right in his face).
Post a Comment