Sunday, October 26, 2008

Requisite Halloween Pictures

I know it isn't Halloween yet, but since my ward had their Trunk or Treat last night and my kids are too little to go trick-or-treating, I thought I'd better take a picture while the kids were dressed.

Everett was the frog (prince, but you can't really tell), and Ashley was the princess. My sister Maddy came and was the evil fairy who turned the prince into the frog. I was all set to wear a "lady in waiting" sign, but it was pouring while we were setting everything up at the church for the event and the tape wouldn't stick to my wet shirt. This just means that Joel is lucky because I would have made him wear a "lady in waiting's boyfriend" sign, or something silly like that. Really, though, he would have refused and I would have given up so I guess my whole point is moot.


We can never get a good picture of everyone at once. I don't know how people do it with more kids than two. I don't need to post all of these since they're practically the same, but I'm going to anyway.



(Joel was trying to show Everett how to smile in this one. See how well it worked?)



I think the Trunk-or-Treat went well, all things considered. Since it was raining we had to fit our whole ward (sugar-laden children included) in our small building and use only half of our already half-sized gym for everyone to eat in. It was a little tough, but we have a good committee and we had a lot of needed help getting it done. The only really tricky part for me was working the while also juggling a hungry baby...but thankfully a wonderful woman in my ward volunteered to step in for me. My ward is wonderful that way. People are so good about seeing a need and jumping in and helping, even if it isn't their "job." And I was really happy that I didn't have to take home all the centerpieces. It was enough that they had been living on my kitchen table; I didn't need them in my house any more. I think some people took them home but if the majority went in the trash, I won't mind. It's better than trying to figure out what to do with them.

3 comments:

Tori said...

Cute! Love both the costumes!

Unknown said...

These pictures are great! Ashley looks so serene.

Unknown said...

haaha those are awesome... and maybe everett should take smiling lessons from you elise, because joel.. that's kinda a creepy one.. hahah