Friday, October 24, 2008

Washable...



We discovered something a few weeks ago that makes bath time more fun. Ever heard of bathtub crayons? I have, and all I know about them is that they are relatively expensive and that they have gotten some poor reviews (too runny, stains the water, etc.).

I had on hand some washable crayons and Everett sneaked them into the tub one night. I came in and he had drawn on the tub walls, but to my amazement the crayon came off so easily you could almost just splash water to remove the marks. A wet washcloth removed every trace of crayon with no scrubbing, just a gentle wiping.

The colors were bright and colorful and didn't do any damage. The best part was that we had a lot of color options, rather than a pack of a few colors like we'd get with the actual bath crayons. We'll definitely have to use them again. Maybe this will start a new "recreational bath" phase of our lives.

(Even without the bath consideration, this is the only kind of crayon I will ever buy. They wipe off of everything, even walls. No scrubbing! Even a baby wipe takes it off everything.)

2 comments:

Wayne Johnson said...

Elise, you might tell us the brand and what type of srore you bought them in.

Wayne.

Rebekah said...

My kids got the shower things from Santa one year, but I am mean and only let my kids take showers. They loved them. We haven't had them for years, but that is good to know for my littler two.