Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Johnson Family Theatre

We have a new production currently in progress. Curious to know what it is?
We decided to revive an old classic. . .



Well, ok. I didn't decide to revive it; my boss did. In fact, I was 100% opposed to this idea, but my boss, being exceedingly short and exceedingly forceful and loud, sometimes gets me to accept a lot of ideas I wouldn't normally consider, like pulling the shopping cart with the blue police car out even though it is waaay in the back of the line. But that's a whole other issue.

So far the production is going terribly. We get no audience attendance and to be honest, we're kind of a hyde-freaks-out one act deal sort of thing. It's really not that pretty. And Mr. Hyde? Well, he's really only interested in chocolate chips and the movie Bambi. I don't know what's going on with that. And I'm not going to even mention the fact that today he ate no vegetables except for a couple of grape tomatoes.

I'm really trying to give my boss the benefit of the doubt here. He does have a rather awful cold. But to be honest? Is it a little understandable that I am tired of asking him something, anything, and be answered with no less than a roar-yell-cry of 1450 decibles? It's enough to make me want to start a workers' union. And then, THEN, when I am just getting sick of it all, he gives me the look. It's a look of pure trust and adoration, and if I'm feeling optimistic I'll think I see some undying appreciation thrown into the mix.

I think it is these moments that keep me on this job. Sometimes these nice moments are worth the headache (literally sometimes) of trying to work with a boss who thinks he is right all the time, and therefore has to get what he wants. Or he. will. just. die. We're not even going to talk about mandatory snack time.

Romances? Nope. We don't have any of those around here. Just Major One-Act Productions. (About everything)

Get back to me in the morning. Maybe the boss will call an early curtain on this production. Don't worry, I won't be disappointed--but let's keep that between you and me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elise, tomato's' aren't fruit. So technically he ate no vegetables at all.

Lisa J. said...

Joel really isn't THAT short!

Wayne Johnson said...

I was going to tell Joel to behave as well. Way to go Lisa.