Monday, November 10, 2008

Precocious Exersaucer-er

Ashley can be a very mobile baby. Often when we lay her on the floor (on a blanket) she will roll and move around all over the place. Lately, though, she has been rolling onto her belly as soon as we leave her on her back. I have yet to figure out why she does this because when she discovers that she is on her stomach she yells out these sweet little frustrated cries until someone comes over and fixes the situation. She knows how to roll from her stomach to her back; she just doesn't like to do it for some reason.

All this rolling makes it difficult for her to enjoy the playgym I got her. A few days ago, on impulse, I got out our exersaucer. Everett never really used it because he always wanted to be held but I was holding out high hopes for Ashley to enjoy it in a couple of months.

Well, that time is now, folks. Ashley is a bit young for it (or so I thought) but she really enjoys playing around in it. She handles all the toys and gazes around at the world. She loves being upright so she can see everything but she is far less demanding about it than Everett was. Her feet can reach the bottom on the lowest setting, and she does not wobble around, which means I feel good about letting her continue to use it. Who knows, maybe we'll have an early walker with this child.










Everett was interested in this as soon as I got it out. He has seen all the toy attachments (they are removable) kicking around in his toy box since we've moved here and I think he was interested to finally know where they go. He loved to show her the toys, which really captivated her. Of course, one time after I had taken her out and put her to bed, I heard some little quiet sheepish calls from Everett. He had climbed into it and was sitting in it correctly, but couldn't quite figure out how to get out. I don't think he has tried it since.

Oh, and in case you're wondering about Everett's bare legs, we have a no-pants policy in our house.

Just kidding. This is what happens when you change his diaper and you don't want to chase him down for the 57th time to put pants back on him.




You can't tell in this picture, but her feet are hitting the bottom. And don't mind that growth-looking thing on her right knee area. Her legs are perfectly normal; apparently it's the camera flash that isn't.

1 comments:

Natalie Sue said...

That is so cute!....Just the other day it was like I realized Ethan isn't a newborn anymore and I need to let him PLAY with toys... I need to invest in one of these too...I gave my last one away.