Monday, November 24, 2008

We're finally admitting that

. . . we actually are mean parents. All that niceness you might see? It's a facade. This is what we do for entertainment in our spare time.



Because, you know, it's so much fun to see a baby cry. (As a side note, is it wrong for me to say that I love Ashley's cry? It sounds so sweet and pitiful and she always looks like you have just hurt her feelings, but I know I can only say this because I am her mother).



But we don't only torment Ashley. We're equal opportunity bullies around here.

This is Everett, at about six weeks old (and please don't mind the Christmas day mess in the background):




And, lest you think we don't let our children have any fun, here is a happier video from the same night as the first one.



So, you see, Ashley is over it and perfectly happy, although after Joel scares her she does seem a little nervous for the next couple of minutes when he looks at her. The worst part about it is that Everett seemed to think it was funny and enjoyed going up to her and scaring her, so we took these videos after he was in bed. Hopefully by today he has forgotten how fun it was for him to see his scaring roar actually elicit a reaction from someone.

2 comments:

Tori said...

Her laugh is so adorable! I love her wild hair too.

Jessica Brown said...

Your awful! How could you be so cruel! :) JK That's hilarious. I love the video of Ashley laughing that is priceless!