Lately Everett has not liked his baths, and I could not figure out why for the life of me until last night when Joel decided to give Everett the bath. They had so much fun splashing and throwing things in the water that I wondered why I don't make Joel do it every time! Apparently, I'm not fun enough for Everett--saying "come on, bud, why don't you play with this" just doesn't quite do it I guess.
Then I told Joel it was probably time to wash him and get him out, so he slathered Everett with soap and shampoo and proceeded to the rinsing part.
Wait---did I say "rinsing"? Remember that Mega Tsunami that happened a couple of years ago down around India and Indonesia?

Well, imagine something similar to that happening in a space no larger than 3 feet by 5 feet. Instead of laying Everett down in the water ("taking a bath" to Everett means standing calf-deep in water) and gently sloshing water over his hair, Joel decided to take both hands, employ the use of every muscle he posessed, and direct massive waves of water toward Everett's small, upright frame.
But, it worked. At least it did if you count a successful rinse-off as watching your toddler look like a drowning monkey.
When I questioned Joel about his methods after the bath, he simply said "I was making it more fun".
Well, I suppose. But if this is what I have to do in order to make Everett enjoy his bath, I might have to reconsider.
3 comments:
Oh Elise I love your blog entries. I just am catching up on blogging, and i haven't seen yours in too long. Your blog is one of my favorites to read. You are such a funny writer! And more importantly your experiences are funny.
I especially liked you blog where you talked about missing too many naps, and muttering "Where is it" not knowing what you were looking for. Ha ha ha.
I love the entry....and I have to admit. I haven't graduated from the baby bathtub in the sink.. isn't that awful? Jayden just sits up in it. I'm too lazy to get on my knees on the bathroom floor! Sounds like it's loads of fun though.
Hey Elise.... no new posts lately... how are you guys? Anything new?
Post a Comment